There’s a real art to making perfect pastries and artisanal breads that has long been perfected by Artcaffe’s team of expert bakers. From their signature croissants beautifully layered and packed with flavor to their always freshly baked, always innovative bread, pastries and perfectly baked cakes. Step into Artcaffe and enjoy a perfect bread recipe.
How to Make Quick and Easy Flaky Pastry
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 3/4 cup of Plain / All-purpose flour -sieved
- pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup or 100 ml of cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar if making a sweet dish.
1. Mix the sieved flour and salt & Sugar in a bowl.
2. Weigh out the butter and divide into 4 amounts.
3. Add one portion of the butter to the flour and incorporate the butter and flour, slowly add enough cold water until the mixture comes together to form an elastic dough
4. Dust the rolling surface with flour, and turn the dough out. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape and keep rolling, adding more flour if necessary to stop from sticking, until the dough is about 4 mm thick.
5. Rub any excess flour from the surface and using the next portion of butter, dot the butter on two-thirds of the rolled out pastry evenly.
6. Press together pastry edges with your fingers, give the pastry half a turn and roll out again until the pastry is 4 mm thick.
7. Before placing the pastry in the oven, brush the top with milk and not the sides as this will prevent the pastry from rising. Then sprinkle some sugar, spices such as cinnamon
8. Cooking times will vary depending on what you are using the pastry for. Take 8-10 minutes for something small, 20-35 minutes for larger pies, until the pastry takes on a nice golden brown color.