Monkey Shoulder Scotch is a superb blended malt whisky from William Grant, made with single malts from three famous Speyside distilleries. The result is a smooth, creamy, supple and very malty Scotch which works superbly well neat, over ice, or in whisky cocktails.
GINGER MONKEY COCKTAIL
50ml Monkey Shoulder
120ml Dry Ginger Ale
1 Orange wedge
HOW TO MAKE IT
Fill long glass with ice.
Pour in the Monkey Shoulder and dry ginger ale.
Gently stir and garnish with the orange wedge.[ess_grid alias=”westgatecare”][/ess_grid]
A natural probiotic made from fresh pressed organic apples.
Apple Cider Vinegar for your daily dose of wellness:
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Helps maintain normal glucose levels
- Contains prebiotics to support a healthy gut
- Helps maintain a healthy weight
- Use in your beauty regimen; (as a hair rinse, toner or add to your clay facemask)
DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner
This simple mixture improves your overall complexion by balancing and restoring your skin’s natural pH. Our skin is naturally acidic but when our levels are in balance our skin will live at the perfect level between oily and dry. When you pH levels are out of balance, that is when you break out, when your pores get clogged and you are too oily or too dry.
ACV has a pH of 3 and when diluted, the acidity from the toner helps bring your skin’s pH back to its normal levels.
Benefits to Apple Cider Vinegar Toner:
- Rich in natural alpha hydroxy acids
- Improves acne and acne scars
- Helps minimize appearance of pores
Apple Cider Vinegar Toner Directions:
1) Pour 1 part Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar into a glass jar, bottle or container.
2) Add 2 parts distilled or filtered water. (Adjust to your preference 1:2 / 1:3 / 1:4)
3) Shake the bottle to combine the mixture.
4) Apply the toner to your freshly cleansed skin using a cotton pad, avoiding the eye area.
5) Apply your usual, daily moisturizer after the apple cider vinegar toner has dried.[ess_grid alias=”westgatecare”][/ess_grid]
There are four basic types of healthy skin: normal, dry, oily and combination skin.
- Normal skin is used to refer to well-balanced skin. Neither too oily nor too dry.
- Dry skin is used to describe a skin type that produces less sebum than normal skin. Dry skin can feel tight, rough and look dull.
- Oily skin is used to describe a skin type with heightened sebum production. Oily skin has a glossy shine and visible pores.
- Combination skin consists of a mix of skin types between the T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) and the cheeks.
Simple skincare steps for acne-prone skin
The amount of sebum produced by the sebaceous glands in skin controls the efficacy of the skin’s barrier function and, as a result, the condition of skin. The overproduction of sebum can lead to oily, acne-prone skin, while low sebum production causes dry skin.
The routine involves three basic steps:
- Cleanse (with Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Soap)
- Tone (with Witch Hazel or Apple Cider Vinegar natural toner)
- Moisturize (with your preferred moisturizer)
Essentially you are trying to make sure that you are removing the excess sebum (as well as any makeup) that could be causing your pores to get blocked up. At the same time, with toning and moisturizing you are trying to make sure that your pores are closed.
Why Dr. Bronner’s Castile Soap? Warm, comforting and slightly sweet, Dr Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap is concentrated, biodegradable, versatile and effective. Made with organic and certified fair trade ingredients and packaged in a 100% post-consumer recycled bottle.
Cleanser Castile soap is made from safe, simple plant oils; it is considered safe for even the most sensitive skin types and can help oily, acne-prone skin. The essential oils found in castile soap penetrate pores with their antibacterial agents, helping clean your skin without drying it out.
Brush cleaner Clean your makeup brushes using castile soap. Add a squirt of concentrated soap to a bowl and top up with warm water. Add brushes and let soak for a few minutes until softened, then rub gently. Rinse until water runs clear.