American at the core, with influences from cuisines around the globe, The Grilll Shack invites you to feast your senses. In addition to a tempting menu featuring a meat lovers feast their new Breakfast Menu leaves your pallet crack open and wanting more. Located at the Ground Floor of the Westgate Shopping Mall, The Grilll Shack welcomes you to indulge for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
There’s a real art to making perfect pastries and artisanal breads that has long been perfected by Artcaffe’s team of expert bakers. From their signature croissants beautifully layered and packed with flavor to their always freshly baked, always innovative bread, pastries and perfectly baked cakes. Step into Artcaffe and enjoy a perfect bread recipe.
How to Make Quick and Easy Flaky Pastry
- 3/4 cup of butter
- 1 3/4 cup of Plain / All-purpose flour -sieved
- pinch of salt
- 1/4-1/2 cup or 100 ml of cold water
- 2 tablespoons sugar if making a sweet dish.
1. Mix the sieved flour and salt & Sugar in a bowl.
2. Weigh out the butter and divide into 4 amounts.
3. Add one portion of the butter to the flour and incorporate the butter and flour, slowly add enough cold water until the mixture comes together to form an elastic dough
4. Dust the rolling surface with flour, and turn the dough out. Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape and keep rolling, adding more flour if necessary to stop from sticking, until the dough is about 4 mm thick.
5. Rub any excess flour from the surface and using the next portion of butter, dot the butter on two-thirds of the rolled out pastry evenly.
6. Press together pastry edges with your fingers, give the pastry half a turn and roll out again until the pastry is 4 mm thick.
7. Before placing the pastry in the oven, brush the top with milk and not the sides as this will prevent the pastry from rising. Then sprinkle some sugar, spices such as cinnamon
8. Cooking times will vary depending on what you are using the pastry for. Take 8-10 minutes for something small, 20-35 minutes for larger pies, until the pastry takes on a nice golden brown color.
The safety of you and your loved ones is our top priority as you dine with us at Westgate Shopping Mall. Dine-in with peace of mind, with the highest hygiene measures in place to ensure a safe and relaxing experience from all our dining options. Our priority is the safety and well-being of our customers, retailers and employees. You are welcome to go on a food adventure in any of our restaurants.
Artcaffe Grand, Tapas, Ohcha , Grilll Shack, Pizza Inn, Chicken Inn, Creamy Inn, Bukhara by Haandi, Rolls & Bowls and KFC for takeaways
MEASURES IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD OUR GUESTS
- Safe 2m social distancing between tables.
- All touch points and surfaces are sanitized every 30 minutes.
- Face masks and gloves are mandatory.
- Restaurants and cafes are limited to a 30% capacity.
- Contactless payments are recommended.
- Daily health checks are carried out on all our staff.
- Delivery drivers follow a strict hygiene checklist.
The world is filled with savoury delicacies, but more often than not most people prefer to stick to what they know. Honestly, do you really want the same food you eat all the time back home? Cheeseburgers, pizza and fried chicken can be found everywhere, but what about trying something different?
With most of our restaurants now open, go on a food adventure at Artcaffe, Grill Shack, Oh cha,Haandi, Urban Burger & KFC.
Artcaffe, Grill Shack, Oh cha, Haandi, Urban Burger & KFC
TIPS ON EATING HEALTHY
- Eating starchy carbohydrates as the basis of most meals.
- Eating fruits and vegetables as much as possible every day.
- Eating legumes regularly.
- Consuming milk and milk products regularly in small amounts.
- Eating meat, poultry, eggs and fish regularly within normal amounts.
- Choosing carefully the types of fats and oils in the diet and using limited amounts.
- Limiting consumption of sugar, sugary foods and beverages.
- Limiting consumption of salt.
- Limiting consumption of alcohol.